While it’s the goal for most people to achieve personal growth, attaining success in this endeavour will still depend on the willingness of each person to make necessary changes. Despite having a strong desire to grow, not everyone is willing and committed enough to change.
If you’re one of those who are willing to embark on the somewhat challenging path of attaining personal growth then note that your faith is a crucial factor. Faith is believing even what the naked eye can’t see. Having faith, especially in yourself is actually rewarding once you finally seen what you have been believing has come to pass. Once you see the proof of what you’ve been believing don’t forget that it was your faith which enable it. Each time you overcome a set back or a challenge it life let your faith rise each time.
5 Personal Success Principles:
1. Take charge of your own personal growth – Note that the whole process of attaining growth depends solely on you. You can’t expect anyone else to do it for you. Your desired results are always achievable from within. For instance, your intent, aspiration, and power to make some changes should all come from deep within yourself.
With that in mind, you should focus on your goal of attaining growth without getting distracted by others and outside factors. Also, take note that the whole process is personal. You are different from others so improving yourself should come from what your own self wants to achieve.
Start by developing yourself deep from within your first your spirit then the mind then the body. When you strengthen your spirit, your spirit will strengthen your mind. When your mind is strengthen then comes the change of the physical body.
2. Make some changes in your perspective – Changing for the better will always require effort. You will need to step out of your comfort zone, stir up your passion, and dig deeper within yourself. Work towards empowering your thoughts so that because thoughts lead to inspired action. Transform any negative (dark) and sabotaging thoughts into more positive (LIGHT) filled uplifting thoughts. Remember the light is more powerful then darkness. “Think about how powerful it is that just one spec of light can light up a dark room”.
3. Let go of all past baggage – It should be noted that one of the major obstacles to making the necessary changes for your personal growth is the baggage carried from past experiences. Here are some of the most common types of personal baggage:always needing to please, always needing to control, anger, fear, and low self-esteem.
The problem with this unresolved baggage is that it might cause you to behave, feel, and think based on these feelings. These feels may cause stagnation towards future personal growth. It’s important to train yourself to let go of all these and renew your mind continually or if not on a daily basis. Start fresh and condition your mind to believe that you’re capable of creating a new you. Remember that you have to take full responsibility of your actions and results.
4. Be aware of your goals – Make sure that your path to attaining future goals is clear. Ensure that it’s free of all obstacles, like your old baggage. It’s also advisable to have a clear idea of your final destination. Develop clear goals of the specific changes you wish to make so you can focus and direct your energy and effort towards making the change. Your goals should also be objective, time-defined, and specific. If you don’t have a road map how will you know where your going? It will take much long to find your destination without one.
5. Take action – Remember that you can’t make your desired change happen if you don’t take action. Start taking action as soon as possible. It could be sticking to a workout routine or keeping your emotions in check when you’re dealing with a crisis. It could also be maintaining your focus even if there are numerous distractions around.
Your action steps should provide you with all the tools you need to respond to the present world. They should also provide you with alternative actions countering the old emotions, habits, and baggage.
Achieving personal growth should come from within. You can’t rely on others to do it for you. You have to be fully responsible for the results you want to attain. That said, be willing to take the necessary steps and changes now to empower your life and grow so you can create a better version of yourself.